Monday, July 23, 2012

What's next?

So, what's next for this currently disjointed blog?  Slowly I'll start filling it out with life: homeschooling/unschooling, faith, family... I'm on a journey of self discovery, and I think this space will suit some of what I'm processing.  It may not be any less disjointed, but the intense food focus will have it's own space.

Right now we're celebrating rain.  It's been a long, dry summer so far.  Yesterday we unexpectedly got enough rain to satisfy the parched ground, revitalize struggling plants and give our water bill a reprieve.  I imagine (if it weren't so horribly sticky and humid out) I could hear the plants growing if I stood outside today.

On the home front, it's been summer.  Outings to playgrounds and parks and the zoo, soccer, relaxing... Nights have been a bit later, workbooks have been laid aside, and we've been enjoying the season as best we can (still not a fan of summer).

There has been controversy on blogs I follow (largely the result of punitive minded prominent Christians saying misogynistic and/or abusive things).  But today I am in no mood for controversy.  Today I want to relax.  Maybe because the introvert in me has to spend time with a very lovely, but very extroverted person, whose communication style clashes with mine in a big way.  Say it with me - "Serenity now."

No comments:

Post a Comment